FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups

Help me break into the bartending industry

ExtremeBartending.com Forum Index -> Bartender & Server Job Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve G.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:48 pm
PostPost subject: Help me break into the bartending industry

Hi Everyone,
I just received this e-mail ( see below ) from a person that asks a really good question so i thought i'd post it to see if any of you have your own experiences that could help him.
Thanks Smile Scott Young

Scott,

I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed reviewing your website. I'm 51, always interested in learning and growing, keeping current and not letting myself grow old in my mindset. I decided I wanted to become a bartender as I'm semi-retired now and enjoy working with people and I'm fascinated with the art of mixology.

I intend to order some of your flair bartending DVD's. When I was 19 I traveled across the U.S. and Canada in a circus as a musician and picked up the art of juggling along the way. Since my manual dexterity is excellent I know I can flair bartend.

Now, on to my main question....How does someone my age break into bartending? I'm having trouble finding an establishment that doesn't approach me suspiciously because of my age. It's almost like they are saying why would you go into this profession this late in the game?
Any help or suggestions you can provide would be appreciated. Steve G.
ExtremeBartending.com Forum Index -> Bartender & Server Job Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: