FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups

Flair Bartender pour spout question

ExtremeBartending.com Forum Index -> Flair Bartending
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Owen

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:50 pm
PostPost subject: Flair Bartender pour spout question

Gday,

I am really keen to start up some flare bartending but just playing out back with some bottles its really hard not to spill whats inside even with one of those standard pouring things on the end. Do flare bartenders use some sort of different pouring thing? The one i have is the one with the extra pipe that you cover with your thumb to stop a constant flow of liquid...

If could give me a breif explanation of how all these moves are possible without much spillage, to keep me interested, that would be great.

Cheers mate
Owen
Scott Young-President
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:05 pm
PostPost subject: Flair Bartender pour spout question

Hi Owen,

The short answer is that there is no " magic flair bartender pour spout " that we all use to entertain but not spill. Most bartenders who flair like to use a straight metal slow pour which has a small opening so that helps a little and is used in almost ever flair bartender competition I've ever been involved in but it will spill if you don't do the move right.

Having said that, there are many types of pouring spouts & systems out there that won't pour unless you push a button, put the bottle through a ring etc. but most flair bartenders use regular pour spouts and if done correctly will not spill. No one said it was easy but there area a wide range of moves that vary from high risk of spillage to very low risk.

If you are spilling then you are most likely doing a flair bartender move that either ..
1) cannot be done with that amount of liquid in it ( you really have to know what's possible and this comes with experience
2) you're doing too many rotation moves together in a row so even if you did have a low enough liquid level for one or two moves .. after a few the liquid will start to " creep up " the bottle and increase the odds of you spilling.

I've posted your question in our chat room " Flair Bartending " section so others may answer you as well. Topic is " Flair Bartender pour spout question ".

I hope that helps.
Good luck Smile
www.thebartendingmasters.com/ebooks/199-ways-to-increase-your-tips/

Founder
www.TheBartendingMasters.Com

www.ExtremeBartending.Com
www.MixedDrinkRecipes.Net
ExtremeBartending.com Forum Index -> Flair Bartending All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: