Welcome Guest: Register | Log in

FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups

what/how many drinks to know

ExtremeBartending.com Forum Index -> Bartender & Server Job Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:40 pm
PostPost subject: what/how many drinks to know

Hi- I am a new bartender and I know a lot of drinks, but I always find myself studying and consulting my books. It seems like most of the drinks I know are fairly uncommon and I rarely serve them. How can I figure out what drinks take priority over others and are more common to serve?
Thanks!
Chris, Tampa
Jessikate

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:05 pm
PostPost subject:

This will really have to do with the type of place you work in and your location. Do a little "On The Job Training" and pay attention to what folks are ordering from other tenders most commonly and learn these drinks. Talk to the other tenders and see what they suggest you commit to memory.

I live in Colorado in a Ski town and will probably not be able to help you with the list of drinks I serve most comonly, as it is a totaly diffrent climate and atmosphere to what Tampa is.

Hit other bars in the area and see what the other tenders are serving and talk to the other tenders in your bar is my best suggestion.

If you are relatively new to bartending, then have no fear, you will gradualy learn these dink and be able to make them in your sleep if you keep working on it!!

Good luck
mixin_chick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:24 am
PostPost subject: Different bars, different drinks.........

[b:8f7002a85e][color=violet:8f7002a85e]In my experience, each bar has it's own "favorites" that are served more often than others. I think it just depends on the bar or club, or area you're in.

I've worked in a bar where a Greyhound was[i:8f7002a85e]THE[/i:8f7002a85e] drink. Then again, in another it was Jack and Coke that was [i:8f7002a85e]THE[/i:8f7002a85e] drink.

It's always nice to have a variety of drinks commited to memory, but we're never going to know ALL the drinks out there.....new recipes seem to pop up by the dozens overnight Smile

And NEVER be afraid or embarrassed to refer to your "tenders guide". Better that, then to serve an awful tasting drink.....JMHO [/color:8f7002a85e] Laughing [/b:8f7002a85e]
mixin_chick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:25 am
PostPost subject: Different bars, different drinks.........

[b:0f185cc252][color=violet:0f185cc252]click, click, click....I can't stop DOUBLE POSTING......HELP.....LOL Sorry peeps [/color:0f185cc252] Laughing [/b:0f185cc252]
ExtremeBartending.com Forum Index -> Bartender & Server Job Questions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: